Today in this review I’ll be going over the Vitamix TurboBlend 2 Speed blender, it’s a super affordable blender… for a Vitamix. Still kind of expensive for a blender overall, but let’s see if it’s worth the money.
When you first look at the Vitamix TurboBlend it has a very simple interface. On the left there’s a toggle switch that controls the 2 speeds (High and Low) and on the right the other toggle switch is the on/off function. It’s a no-frills high performance blender that doesn’t come with too many bells and whistles, but it gets the job done.
With a 2-peak Horse Power motor it can blend just more than a cup of smoothies. There are so many recipes you can make with a blender like this – make frozen dessert, hummus, nut butters, salsa, dips, spreads, baby food, mix batter, chop vegetables, make hot soup, and much more.
Vitamix is an industry leader in high performance blenders and they don’t come cheap. But if you have the money to spend and are looking to buy something of high quality then the Vitamix TurboBlend 2 Speed Blender is worth a look.
Vitamix TurboBlend 2 Speed Blender Review
Design / Features / Specifications
Quick Features Overview
- Super powerful 2-peak horsepower motor base that can handle the toughest of ingredients
- 2 different speed settings (High and Low) that can blend up a variety of recipes
- 64oz blending pitcher with a spill proof lid that also acts as the steam vent if you’re making hot soup (BPA free materials)
- 4-prong precision cut stainless steel blades that’ll give you silky smooth smoothies
- Capable of making hot steamy soup right in the blender itself
- Built-in cooling system that helps cool down the motor during long periods of use
- Comes with a tamper/plunger to help stir things around so the blades can get to them
- Comes with a 5 year warranty (you can opt for 3 year extended warranty on Amazon)
This Vitamix TurboBlend blender only comes with 2 speed settings (High and Low), but with it’s 2-peak horsepower it can pulverize through fruits, vegetables, stems, seeds, and many other tough ingredients.
Blending Pitcher & Lid
The blending container you get is a 64oz plastic pitcher (BPA free) that is capable of making medium to large patches of food. It is big enough to feed about 3-4 people. So it’s great for bigger families or households.
The blending pitcher comes with a spill proof lid plug, also it doubles as a steam vent in case you want to blend up hot recipes like soup. With the lid plug you can also open it to add in more ingredients midway during the blending cycle.
It Can Make Hot Soup
Speaking of soup this blender can heat up soup right in the blender itself. Yes, the heat generated by their blades is enough friction to heat up the soup to serving temperature!
What Other Recipes Can It Make?
Besides smoothies and hot soups, this blender can also make a large variety of recipes like smoothies, frozen treats, salsa, dips, nut butters, mix batter, knead dough, make baby food, crush ice, grind coffee beans, chop vegetables, and so much more!
Is It Easy To Clean?
When you’re done using the blender cleaning up is a breeze. A very popular way to wash high performance blenders like this is to fill up the container halfway with water, put in a few drops of dish liquid soap, then blend on the high setting for about 30-60 seconds. Pour out the soapy water and give it a thorough rinse to make sure it’s all clean.
See The Vitamix TurboBlend Blender In Action!
How Much Does It Cost?
The Vitamix TurboBlend is priced in the mid-range, although it’s not considered expensive for a Vitamix blender it’s still pretty expensive for a blender in general. But it does come with a 5 year warranty, if you buy it off Amazon you can opt for an extended warranty of 3 years. You can click to Check Current Price on Amazon.
- Very affordable for a Vitamix blender
- Very powerful 2-peak horsepower motor base
- Capable of making more than just smoothies, you can make salsa, dips, hot soups, frozen ice cream, mix batter, etc.
- Very easy to clean after use
- Comes with a tamper that helps stir around dry and sticky ingredients like when making nut butters
- Although it’s affordable for a Vitamix blender, generally speaking it’s still expensive for a blender
- Doesn’t have any presets and only have 2 speed settings (although simplicity is a good thing for some people)
- It’s over 20” tall which is kind of big
- Very loud
Is The Vitamix TurboBlend Worth Buying?
If you’re someone who’s looking for a full sized high performance blender that can accomplish many different jobs, then the Vitamix TurboBlend 2 Speed blender may just be the right one for you.
It’s got a really simple design with only 2 speeds, no presets, and no fancy shmancy buttons like you’ll find with the Vitamix Ascent A3500. But it’s powerful and very capable of doing the big boy’s job.
It’s not exactly cheap, but that’s the price for a high quality machine you can depend on for years to come.