Hot and hearty vegetable soup is perfect for warming you up after you come home from a long day at work or school, out of the cold and rainy weather.
Soups are like the ultimate winter food. I love soups both as an appetizer before the main meal, or as a main dish by itself. I love eating chunky soup with crackers dipped in hummus, or whole grain toasted bread with avocado on top.
Here is a quick and easy vegetable soup recipe that I’ve been using myself lately, I’ve made this probably 20 times. It is very healthy, full of vitamins, minerals, it is fat-free, and it is quite good.
My Quick and Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 30 minutes||Serves: 2-3|
Things You’ll Need:
- 2 medium sized peeled russet potatoes
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 1/4 of some kind of squash or pumpkin
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped kale and spinach
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 2 tbsp of vegetable stock powder (flavor the soup till it suits your taste)
- Chop up the potatoes, squash, carrots, and vegetables
- Put the potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots in a pot and fill the pot with water. Turn on high heat.
- Once the water boils put in the squash. Turn down the heat to medium.
- Check the potatoes periodically. Once they’re halfway cooked, put in the zucchini and other vegetables
- Put in the vegetable stock powder and curry powder. Mix the soup around.
- Cook until the potatoes are fully soft and falling apart.
- I recommend you serve the soup with crackers or bread.
- It’s hard to screw up making vegetable soup because it’s so easy. Feel free to try different varieties of vegetables and ingredients, it’s hard to go wrong.
- I personally like chunky soup so I use less water, if you like more watery soup then put in more water. Adjust the seasonings accordingly.
So after you’ve tried this out, let me know what you think in the comments below. If you like this recipe, share it with your followers on social media.